16 May 2006

Did You Know Myriad Means 10,000?

I have been on a blogging hiatus of late, dealing with issues related to workplace idiocy, and a move across town. I am back now, though I hesitate to say that I am back with a vengeance. Hiatus: over.

I was perusing the ballot returns for the Oregon primary election that is currently taking place, and I have to say that I was shocked! As of Monday, 16 May 2006, Multnomah County had 23% return and Clackamas County had 21% return. You don't have to take my word for it; it's true.

Now, I could write an entire polemic on the problem of Oregon's mail in ballot system (takes away the "excitement" of heading to the polls; allows too much room for "forgetting to mail in your ballot, etc.), but, despite the systemic issues, I have to ask: What the hell is the problem with liberal Oregonians?

We complain incessantly about the status quo and can organize a march, rally, or protest at the proverbial drop of a hat, but when the time comes to effect change, we cannot be bothered to put our ballot in the mailbox. Soon, we will see the election results and see if this poor turnout affected the results, and we will see which of the gubernatorial candidates will face the Republican (Saxton - let's all be realistic) in November.
Oh, and if you have any ideas on how to convince my boss's mother to NOT vote for Westlund because he is good on the environment, I am open to suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

You moved? When? Why? Where?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker