03 May 2006

Stupid Question of the Day.

What about my personality draws stupid people to ask me stupid questions, particularly when they know that I will probably answer with some sort of sarcastic retort which, since they are stupid, they probably will not understand? Seriously, I must be being punished by the universe. I relate the following conversation that I just had with one of my co-workers, verbatim:

Co-Worker: Is there a way to send an e-mail to more than one person at a time, without having to copy and paste the text into a new message each time?

[I interject, for the sake of clarity, that this is not a person who has lived in a cave for the last 10 years, nor has she just awoken from a coma. In fact, this person works with computers every day of her life, and, to my knowledge has sent hundreds of e-mails. At this point I wonder if every time she has sent an e-mail to multiple recipients she has sent individual messages…]

Me: [Sarcastically] No. They haven’t perfected that part of Outlook yet. You just have to send a bunch of identical e-mails. It can be pretty time consuming.

C-W: Oh.

[She then proceeds to print out a list of 15 e-mail addresses and to send 15 separate identical e-mails, one at a time.]
If I was more of an ass, I probably would have let her get through the whole list, but it was just too painful to watch this train wreck occur. After she had sent two or three, I said, “You know what? I just remembered that you can list multiple addresses in the To: field. That should save you some time.” She hasn’t spoken to me for the last two hours.

What have we learned today? Stupid people don’t like to be mocked, but sometimes it is worth making them feel a little badly about themselves, because then they stop asking you stupid questions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles N. Steele said...

I came across your blog by accident, and am quite amused by your rants against fools.

Of course I just finished grading a set of exams and am feeling pretty irritable towards fools myself just now.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

You are so mean! I love it!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker